Friday, March 1, 2013

Eating because its there :D

"Check out www.naturallyslim.com," said my husband over a mouth-watering dinner of slow-cooked barbecued pork. I'd been smelling it all day as I sipped my chia fresca (chia seeds mixed in hot water into which I'd squeezed half a Bearss lime). I had a full breakfast, leisurely lunch, and comforting tea, but still could barely wait for dinner. By the time dinner came along though the chia had me feeling very full. Did that stop me? No. I decided to eat the barbecued pork bun, and I did not enjoy it one little bit. I knew what was wrong but did not want to face it. I'd worked hard all day, I was tired, and I deserved the pork bun, I told myself.  To distract myself I clicked on the Sample Curriculum on Naturally Slim and bumped into my bĂȘte noire head on! "We've just been eating because its there," said Marcia Upson, in the introductory video. How many times have I said this to myself? Why do I keep forgetting it? This Lent I had even decided that instead of fasting from food, as I had done in years past, I would fast from Facebook and eat three healthy meals. Today is yet another reminder of God's grace and the precious gift of life; I don't have to give up anything to earn His love. I eat to live not live to eat. Once again, I'm feeling a divine nudging to refresh myself on the principles of healthy eating. Yes!

Bible Verse about Healthy Eating

But he [Jesus] answered, “It is written,‘One does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” Matthew 4: 4

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own?  For you were bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body. I Corinthians 6: 19-20

References

Weil, Andrew. Chia for Health (2006).  http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA365093/Chia-for-Health.html

Naturally Slim website. https://www.naturallyslim.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to encourage me with your feedback. Blessings.