Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My 2012 Lenten Journey

This Lent, rather than give up chocolates or some such similar thing, I decided to give up posting on Facebook. Yes, I'm fasting from Facebook. Wastebook was my tongue-in-cheek name for this social network. Now that I don't post on it, below are some of the productive, meaningful things I'm doing with all that time and energy. 
Fasting from Facebook has given me more time for God. I have more time and energy to do more meaningful things with people right here and now in my life. I used to console myself that Facebook was good because it helped me keep in touch with people. Now, I realize that was a rationalization. Let's face it. Wastebook was right. Especially when it was not in moderation. What a revelation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to encourage me with your feedback. Blessings.